- Windows 7/JAWS 2018/Firefox Quantum 62.0.2 - Placeholder text is announced on focus. After data is entered in the field, the placeholder is still announced along with the newly entered data. Additionally, the contrast ratio of the placeholder is 4.6:1. The foreground color is #757575 and the background color is #FFFFFF
- Windows 7/JAWS 2018/Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Placeholder text is NOT announced on focus
- Windows 7/JAWS 2018/IE11 - Placeholder text is NOT announced on focus, but is announced after pressing TAB again It is not announced when the field contains data .
- iOS 11.4.1/Safari/VoiceOver - Placeholder text is announced when you swipe to it, but it is not announced when the field contains data and you have swiped away and you swipe back to it .
- NVDA (2018.2.1) is reading these out in FF 62, IE11, and Chrome 69 for me too, including after I enter data. .